Salesforce Two SOAP API
Types of SOAP API, Enterprise WSDL & Partner WSDL in Salesforce
Salesforce offers you 2 type of SOAP API
- Enterprise WSDL
- Partner WSDL
- Strongly typed API – It represents your organization standard and custom objects and fields and functions.
- Easy to Use – You can reference your org objects and fields directly. Generate code call it. This make it very handy.
- Single organization solution – you can use for your org. can’t access other org.
- Weakly Typed API – You have to deal with raw sObject. can’t reference object directly like Enterprise WSDL.
- Flexible to Use – This is not couple to one organization objects and structure.
- Multiple Org Solution – You can use describeObject API to pull structure and use your logic perform action.
Where to access those WSDL:
Login to Salesforce –> Click Setup (Right top corner under your name menu) –> Type API on the Quick Find text box –> Click API link
Click Settings Icon and click Setup Home
Type API on the Quick Find text box –> Click API link