Salesforce SOQL is not SQL
Explore The Differences And Learn How SOQL Works in Salesforce
Salesforce SOQL query is not working same way as SQL server Data Base query. why?
- Salesforce using Multitenant Architecture – Many organization using single instance including data base but each org will have their own virtual hardwares.
- Salesforce using Force.com platform – It is metadata driven architecture.
- Query language directly integrated with Apex so no need to establish the connection to database.
Due to above approach – Force.com platform having governor limits to allow all organization to access the metadata and database without any issues.
What are the consideration?
- No implicit joins means not supporting SQL traditional joins.
- Object relationships must be defined upfront.
- Object can have parent to child relationships.
- Dynamic and Implicit joins can’t be permitted.
- You can’t connection 2 object that does not have direct relationship – To accomplish this you may have to use wrapper class to connect 2 object data.