Salesforce Certified Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam Preparation
In this post I would like to share my experience and preparation for Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam.
Initially I was concentrating on many designer certification at same time – after reviewed “MACIEJ JOZWIAK” post started concentrating on one designer exam at a time. Thanks “MACIEJ JOZWIAK“.
Many people say “I already have admin and advanced admin certification, why I have to go for Sharing and Visibility Designer certification”. In my opinion, “Sharing and Visibility Designer” will give you more depth know of data security and visibility. For example – declarative sharing, programmatic sharing, external user sharing, community user sharing, resolve performance issue and territory management.
- Please read Salesforce Study Guide make sure your have proper experience and understand purpose of this certification.
- Complete TrailHead Module.
- Please go through all the topics in Salesforce Resource Guide (You can download from Sharing and Visibility Resource Guide under “Architect Domain Study Materials” section).
- Implement first “Use Case” from the resource guide – means based on the requirement please prepare the design document and try to implement major part of the requirement. It will take 3 to 4 days.
- Data Model for Use Case 1
- Role Hierarchy for Use Case 1
List of Topics Received on my exam:
- How Territory Management support sales operation?
- Territory Management limitations?
- Territory Management vs Enterprise Territory Management?
- profile and permission set difference?
- How to restrict user access through profile Login Hours and Login IP changes?
- How to encrypt data in salesforce using Shield Platform and Field Encryption?
- How to secure authentication user name and password using custom metadata type, Protected Custom Settings, Named Credential?
- How to restrict and grant data access to user based on Role Hierarchy, Public Groups, Team, Territory?
- Sharing data to community user using Sharing Set.
- Account Team and Opportunity Team – what kind of access user will get based on OWD while adding user?
- Sharing model for Internal and External User.
- Group Membership locking issue? how to resolve?
- Venerability on our apex code and VF page?
- What is the use of Apex managed sharing and how to utilize?
- How to customize the Account Team with VF page and apex code?
- Report and Dashboard folder sharing. Who can share and what profile permission needed?
- Listview sharing?
- “UNABLE_TO_LOCK_ROW” – when will get this error and how to resolve?
- Tools for Large-Scale Realignments – What is purpose and when to use?
- Manual Sharing – When to use?
- Profile permission to restrict the object and field level access to user?
- How to securely transit inbound and outbound data from external system?
- Shield Platform toolkit.
After completed salesforce resource guide – followed below blogs
How to Prepare For and PASS Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam – By Maciej Jozwiak
Preparing For The Salesforce Sharing and Visibility Designer Exam – By Mayank Srivastava
Please let me know if you have question while preparing exam.