Record Level Access Security Control Principles in Salesforce
Learn Record Level Access Security Control Principles in Salesforce
The visibility and access for any type of data is determined by the interaction of the above security controls, based on these key principles.
- A user’s baseline permissions on any object are determined by their profile.
- If the user has any permission sets assigned, these also set the baseline permissions in conjunction with the profile.
- Access to records a user does not own are set first by the org-wide defaults.
- If the org-wide defaults are anything less than Public Read/Write, you can open access back up for certain roles using the role hierarchy.
- You can use sharing rules to expand access to additional groups of users.
- Each record owner can manually share individual records with other users by using the Share button on the record.
Pingback: Learn Record Level Access Security Control Prin...April 6, 2022