How to Get a Salesforce Certification? – Salesforce Certification Guide
Understanding and navigating through the different levels: A blog about Salesforce Certifications along with helpful tips to take the right path.
- Salesforce certifications can help you gain credibility, demonstrate mastery of industry best practices, validate your experience and give you access to the best jobs in cloud computing.Salesforce certifications are developed by the experts who design and build our products, have led industry studies and panels, or have written about best practices in our industry for over 15 years. They allow you to validate that you have the skills needed to succeed using the Salesforce platform and tools.
- Salesforce certifications are a great way to increase your marketability in the IT world. By clearing one or more of the Salesforce certification exams, you can show potential employers that you have deep knowledge of the product and you know how to use it in the field.
- There are several different types of salesforce certifications, but each type is designed for a different user level. Whether you’re brand new to Salesforce or have years of experience under your belt, there is a certification for you.
Importance of Salesforce Certification
- Salesforce is the most frequently used CRM software on the business, accessible via a cloud platform and accessible from any device.
- Salesforce Developers and Admins are in high demand due to its awesome features throughout the sales, marketing, and customer relationship life cycle.
- The Salesforce Administrator certification course will provide you with comprehensive knowledge and hands-on experience with this CRM solution. You’ll also focus on real-world industry-specific projects that aim you to find the perfect career.
Which certification is right for you
While Salesforce certifications are a new addition to the technology certification world, they quickly become a recognized standard for demonstrating expertise within the Salesforce platform.
Salesforce certifications comes with two options:
- Qualification Oriented
- Specialization Oriented
The qualification allows you to validate foundational skills common to multiple applications within Salesforce’s service offerings.
Specializations allow you to highlight how you bring more complex functionality into your enterprise, emphasizing managing specific use cases for products such as Sales Cloud and Service Cloud.
How to go about it?
There are nine Salesforce certifications individuals can earn. Earning a certification proves knowledge and training in the Salesforce platform, best practice, and specific skills. The Salesforce certification exams are categorized in two parts: one is multiple-choice questions (MCQs), and the other requires you to build a sample application that meets the requirements outlined in the question.
Salesforce Certifications Administrator
Salesforce is the market leader in CRM solutions and has a wide variety of certifications from entry-level to professional for both Salesforce admins and developers. Salesforce admin certification is ideal for people looking for an opportunity to get into the CRM industry and want to develop the skills necessary to take on the role of Salesforce Admin.
Salesforce admin certification is broken down into two levels: Salesforce Certified Administrator and Salesforce Advanced Administrator. Both certifications require relevant work experience before sitting for the exam and passing the exam with a minimum score of 80%.
Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification
The Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification is a way to validate that you have the technical expertise and deep understanding necessary to be an effective Salesforce Administrator. This certification requires that you pass two tests, Administering Advanced Settings (ADM-200) and Developing on Force.com Using Apex and Visualforce (DEV-401).
Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification is for someone who has already passed the Salesforce Administrator Certification and wants to take their Salesforce expertise to the next level.
Salesforce Advanced Administrator Certification will validate your knowledge of Apex and Visualforce, as well as the following:
Administering inbound/outbound email Implementing processes with Approvals, Workflow, Validation Rules, and Roll-Ups Understanding how Reports work Configuring custom objects, data validation rules, triggers, etc. Creating user interfaces using VisualForce pages and controllers
Salesforce Marketing Cloud
Salesforce Marketing Cloud is a platform for customer acquisition and marketing automation. It offers tools for lead management, nurturing, scoring, and routing; social sharing; email marketing; cross-channel campaigns; landing pages; analytics and reporting, with pre-built integrations to Salesforce CRM.
Salesforce Marketing Cloud has four main components:
- Marketing cloud for leads: Leads are the foundation of your repeatable marketing process. Marketing cloud for leads helps you acquire more leads efficiently from the people in your target market who have the greatest interest in your company or products and then automatically route them to sales and service teams at the right time in their buying cycle.
- Salesforce Campaign: A campaign is a collection of automated tasks that bring together lead generation, lead nurturing and lead routing across multiple channels to deliver a consistent message to your prospects at every stage of the buying cycle.
- Social Studio: A central hub for managing your social media activity across all social networks. Use Social Studio to create, publish and manage content on Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, and YouTube to engage with prospects and customers.
- Salesforce Engagement Platform: This platform helps you engage with customers across every channel — including email, websites, mobile apps, physical locations, digital advertising, and social media
Salesforce CPQ Certification
Salesforce Certification CPQ Specialist Exam is one of the most preferred Salesforce Administrator Certifications. It’s a combination of various skills like technology, sales, marketing, support, and more. The CPQ Specialist exam is designed to test your knowledge about different applications for Salesforce, such as AppExchange and other custom applications. Once you successfully clear this certification, you’ll be able to deal with complex problems related to Salesforce CPQ.
Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification
The Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification is one of the most important certifications for any Salesforce professional. It is an exam that covers a broad range of topics, from development to customization and design and platform features. If you are looking to take this exam, you must understand the topics and concepts.
With the Salesforce Platform App Builder Certification, you will build a deeper understanding of the Salesforce platform by creating an app and learning how to use Apex, Visualforce, Heroku, and Lightning components.
Salesforce Platform App Builder is ideal for developers who have some programming experience and want to move beyond the basics of Salesforce development. By the end of this Trailhead module, you’ll be able to build a complete app that you can share with your team and customers.
The Salesforce Platform App Builder certification exam tests your knowledge of building apps on the Salesforce1 platform. It’sIt’s made up of multiple-choice and drag-and-drop questions. You’ll get unlimited attempts at the test, so if you don’t pass it on your first try, you can retake it as many times as necessary before your Trailhead module expires.
We hope that the above information has been useful to you and your interest in Salesforce certifications has been renewed. Whether you want to start your first career as a developer or architect or perhaps further your learning, Salesforce certifications provide a great avenue to pursue your learning goals and aspirations. Be sure to check out our blog for additional information and up-to-date news on certification.